domingo, 21 de junho de 2015

Review: Bobby Singer’s Guide to Hunting, from David Reed (Supernatural)



Hello! Today I’ll review a book I already finished last Thursday: Bobby Singer’s Guide to Hunting, from Supernatural TV Show, written by David Reed :) I’m sorry I’m late with the post and promise to try to be better starting on July!


Let’s go to the book now. I have to be honest: I stopped watching Supernatural at season 5 because life is not easy, so, I don’t have the slightest idea which season does the book complements :( The good news is, I didn’t have to, because the book explains later everything that happened so far (or as much as I needed to fully understand it all, haha!).

Bobby starts writing everything that he knows – or remembers – about monsters and how to kill them because he feels he’s losing his memory and is afraid to lose all his knowledge. Until the very end, we aren’t sure what is messing with his head or if he’s paranoid, so this suspense side was great :) It was a differential from John Winchester’s Journal and The Supernatural Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls, that were manuals. Bobby tells us his story, how it all started for him, his life with Rufus, John, and Dean and Sam later, it was amazing <3

I like to keep a notebook with my favorite quotes from all times and, thanks to Bobby, I have a handful of them there now, as he was so funny in general lines. But it helps when you’re a fan of the show, in this case. I could hear Jim Beaver (Bobby) reading the words aloud for me, for example, haha!

That’s it! I’m sorry for the short review, but I don’t really have much to say without huge spoilers >.< Do you like Supernatural too?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário