quinta-feira, 18 de junho de 2015

TOP 3: M/M Authors



Hello again! I’d like to start this post with two warnings: I’ll talk about homosexual books that have explicit sex scenes between two men in this post and I am an extra huge fan of Ava March. If you don’t like this kind of genre or this author, you better stop reading :)

That said, I’m trying to come up with a Thursday column here in the blog called TOP 3. I’ll select 3 elements of the literature world and talk about it here. Let’s see if it works :D To start this, I selected my three favorite authors that write mature romances involving homosexual males. And here they are:



They write together most of the time, but they also release books separately. I’ll talk about them as a team because I only read one solo book from Summer, none from Bonnie and four of their partnership :) Their stories tend to be dark, be aware – it generally ends with happy endings, but the things that the couple have to suffer until there are very heavy. Usually the plot involves guilty in at least one of the sides and the characters use to be broken before they find their true loved ones. My favorite aspects of their work involve that, as well: they can heal through love and their relationships are intense and passionate; there’s not a hint of vulgarity, just pure carnal passion. Honestly, I hate to read vulgar sex scenes. I have to fell at least a boner between the characters to find it nice. Otherwise, I think it’s not necessary to write it down, just mention it and we’re done. Bonnie and Summer have this care, they really capture their readers through the love they describe. From them, I read The Gentleman and The Rogue, Seducing Stephen, The Nobleman and the Spy (my all-time favorite <3) and House of Mirros (also known as Sin and The Preacher’s Son). From Summer, I read The Gentleman and The Lamplighter earlier this year. All of them are from 19th century and wonderful <3 It’s in my plans to review The Nobleman and The Spy in July, but I better not to make any promises, haha!

She was my first into this world. I had a special interest in homosexual romances since I read a manga called Gravitation, that was yaoi. Now I think myself as a little naïve, but I didn’t think there was m/m books, as I only knew mangas. So, this one day in 2012, there was I browsing Goodreads when I stumbled on her, more precisely in a book called The Tin Star. When I saw what was the book about, I ran to my father and asked him to buy the eBook for me, because I really needed it. After that, I read one after the other and discovered a whole new world. And didn’t even need to ask Aladdin, LOL. So far, I read all the books she released and am very anxious to the next one, which Langley is currently working on, called Without Secrets. In her portfolio, you can find two different cowboy series (Ranch and Innamorati), a werewolf series (With or Without) and a kind of steapmunk series, set in the future with a Regency Society in each planet. Oh, and her series are sequential – you have to read it in the right order to get a lot of parts :) My favorite books from her are The Tin Star, that was my first, His Convenient Husband, With Caution, With Abandon and My Regelence Rake.

I met Ava shortly after Langley and, in the first book, she had me (it was Bound By Deception). I also read all her works so far and am breathlessly excited to her new book, that’s coming out on August 10th, The Viscount’s Wager, third book from the Gambling on Love series (you probably already heard from it if you follow me at Instagram – follow me <3). Ava likes to write collections and I love her for it because I have a hard time with book endings and knowing it has more than one book always calms me down, haha! She has currently six series, four already finished. They are: The Bound Series (finished with 3 books and 2 short stories); Brook Street Series (on going with 3 books, 1 short story and a coming soon book); Gambling on Love series (to be finished at August with 3 books); London Legal Series (with 2 books and one coming soon); Object of His Desire series (finished, with 1 book and a short story); and His Client (also finished with one book and one short story). There are also other two single books and a short story. All of them are written in the Regency Society and are amazing, but even with Ava (by the way, she’s a sweetie!) I pick favorites. They are, in this order: All In With The Duke (see the review here! :D), Thief, His Client, From Afar, Object of His Desire and Convincing Leopold. I think the most important message on her books are that even powerful people need to love and be loved; that no one can be happy alone forever. I explain this better at All In With The Duke’s review, haha!

That’s it, guys! I hope I have made good suggestions and that you love those authors as I do <3 Do you read m/m romances too?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário